When I began working with Ed Stetzer, one of the first things that I did was approach him about revising Planting Missional Churches. It has been such a helpful book to tens of thousands of people around the world, but much of the stories and content needed to be refreshed. Furthermore, there were new questions and issues that planters and multipliers were facing, like multisite, residencies, multi-ethnic churches, theological education, and the difference between denominations and networks.
So we decided to revisit the book, and in doing so, we ended up changing over 50% of the content. The stories, content, and models are different in each chapter. We also wrote five new chapters, completely reorganized the book, and integrated the research we conducted in the new State of Church Planting study, a research partnership of over a dozen denominations on church planting in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.
In addition to rewriting the content in the existing chapters, we wrote five new ones from scratch:
- Chapter 8: Multiethnic or Monoethnic Churches
- Chapter 9: Multisite Planting
- Chapter 27: Residencies and the Future of Theological Education
- Chapter 28: Denominations and Networks
- Chapter 30: Spiritual Leadership
Who Should Read This Book?
- If you’re considering church planting, the first section in this book will give you a good sense as to what it takes and who is qualified
- If you are already planting, this book will provide you and your team with different leadership and church models for your plant, as well as a plethora of systems to implement in your church so that you can move towards multiplication
- If you are pastoring and considering multiplying, this book will be a tool for you to use to help raise up future church planters
- If you teach and train others how to plant, this book can function as a guide for your curriculum
Our hope is that this would be a beneficial and helpful book in your ministry, as you consider planting, are in the journey of planting, or are training others to plant churches that plant churches that plant churches.
- Download the first three chapters by entering your email at the bottom of this page
- Learn more about this book’s companion church planting course, Essential Church Planting
- Purchase the book
- Review the book
- Get the 30+ additional resources that go along with this book
- Share the book on social media, #PMCBook
We would be honored if you could partner with us in any one of these ways!