I was recently featured on Rick Howerton’s blog with NavPress for a four day interview on “Small Groups or Mid-Size Communities?”
I encourage you to read through my answers to the following questions on his site and engage in a conversation with us about this viral concept. Click on the links below to see my answers.
- Day One - What were you trying to accomplish in your small groups that was not being achieved and why do you think the smallness of group life was keeping you from accomplishing that?
- Day Two - When you met with your leadership team, especially your senior pastor to consider the move from small groups to mid-size groups, what questions arose (and/or what conversation took place) that drove your church to move to mid-size groups?
- Day Three - What aspects of group life did you think you would lose by moving from small groups to mid-size groups that you found remained in tact?
- Day Four - What does a mid-size group meeting look like, how often do these groups meet, and what percentage of those in a group attend consistently?
- Rick’s Response to Our Conversation