My name is Daniel Sangi Im and I am the Founder and Director of Church Multiplication for NewChurches.com at LifeWay Christian Resources.
I serve as a Teaching Pastor at The Fellowship, a multisite church in Nashville.
I am the author of No Silver Bullets: Five Small Shifts that will Transform Your Ministry (Release Date: September 2017) and Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply (2nd Ed).
I also host the New Churches Q&A Podcast.
I have a M.A. in Global Leadership and have served and pastored in church plants and multisite churches ranging from 100 people to 50,000 people in Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Korea, Edmonton, and Nashville.
I am a scholar-practioner who can not only create theory, but also implement it in an innovative way to solve problems. My experience and strength is in creating alignment and momentum within teams and churches by implementing strategies and systems to move the church towards multiplication. In other words, I am a strategic thinker that can produce, rather than a strategic thinker that can muse.
I am also a Gallup Strengths Performance Coach (Strengths Advisor) and have led over 600 people through the StrengthsFinder assessment in multiple countries. Here are my top themes: Maximizer, Learner, Intellection, Developer, Strategic, Achiever, Input, and Relator.
I have been married to my wife, Christina, since 2006 and we have three children.
This is my personal website. It is focused on leadership, church multiplication, and multiethnic ministry. I typically post several times a month. So to make sure you don’t miss my newest articles, you can subscribe via email by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. As a gift, I’ll send you the first three chapters to my newest book, Planting Missional Churches.
If you are interested in inviting me to speak for your church or organization, you can learn more here.
My Top Articles
If you are new to my site, you might want to start with my most popular articles.
- Why You Should Read Multiple Books at the Same Time
- Two Ways to Overcome Your Weaknesses
- 4 Ways to “Flip the Classroom” in your Church
- Why I ditched the M.Div…and am still a pastor
- Your Desert Experience in Ministry – Part 3/4
- The Impact of Commuting on Church Planting and Campuses
- Campus Pastor Skill #1: How to Close a Service
- Tomorrow’s Church Planting
- 3 Ways Tesla Affects Your Church Metrics
- How to Develop a Church Planting Farm System
- Why Every Healthy Church Needs The Second Gen
- Sociology of the Homeless in Seoul, Korea
- A Korean Funeral
- The Power of Shame in Asian Cultures
You can also click here to see every article I have written, or search to find other articles that might be of interest.