My name is Daniel Sangi Im and I am the Community Life Team Lead at Beulah Alliance Church in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
This is my personal blog. It is focused on rethinking ministry, leadership, and culture.
- What does it look like to do ministry in the 21st century?
- How can I lead effectively based on my strengths and personality style?
- What are the issues with our culture and how ought people of faith interpret them?
These are the types of question that I strive to ask and address in my posts.
I typically post a few times each week. So to make sure you don’t miss my newest posts, you can subscribe via email by clicking here.
My Top Posts
If you are new to my site, you might want to start with my most popular posts. Here are my top four in three of my categories:
- Your Desert Experience in Ministry – Part 3/4
- Mid-Size Communities Part 2: Infographic
- Where to go to Seminary? A preliminary comparison between seminaries in Canada, the United States, and Korea
- Why I ditched the M.Div…and am still a pastor
- Luggage Lessons – Are you processing your life experiences?
- Tips on Listening to a Deaf Percussionist
- Integrating Two Sides: Mary vs Martha? Or, Mary and Martha?
- The Ambitious Spiritual Leader – A Paradox?
- Sociology of the Homeless in Seoul, Korea
- Haiti and God
- A Korean Funeral
- The Power of Shame in Asian Cultures
You can also check my blog’s main page for a list of every post I have written or use the search function below my picture in the sidebar to find other posts that might be of interest.
I am a Korean Canadian who was born and raised in Vancouver and have since lived and worked in Ottawa, Montreal, Korea, and Edmonton. I was an intern pastor at Ottawa NewLife Church, a Youth Pastor at River’s Edge Community Church, a Youth and Ministries Pastor at Onnuri Community Church, a writer and researcher at Durrano International, and currently the Community Life Pastor Team Lead at Beulah Alliance Church.
I have been married to my wife, Christina, since 2006 and we have two children.
I love the Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment, and am in fact a Gallup Strengths Performance Coach. Here are my top themes: Maximizer, Learner, Intellection, Developer, Strategic, Achiever, Input, and Relator.
If you are interested in receiving coaching from me for the Gallup StrengthsFinder assessment, send me an email and we can talk about it.